Get lost in the world famous views at Treble Cone. It boasts plenty of terrain to ski and snowboard. TC has some of the most exhilarating terrain and longest groomed trails in New Zealand.
The free riding and off piste skiing is legendary with powder snow unrivaled in NZ. Treble Cone has the terrain for beginners, through to challenging for even the most accomplished skiers and snowboarders.
Famous for uncrowded slopes, majestic views across Lake Wanaka & Mt Aspiring, superb cuisine and espresso, TC is the local's choice. Whatever you choose, off piste to cruising, the beauty of Treble Cone is sure to inspire you.
The café and bar facility serves superb kiwi style cuisine, excellent expresso, plus local beer and wine. You can sprawl out on to the large sundeck and be entertained by the majestic slopes & views surrounding you. Sightseers will also be entertained soaking up the alpine atmosphere.
Facilities also include a fully equipped Ski & Board Rental Store, Ski & Snowboard School, Medical centre, Childcare centre, Retail shop, and mountain workshop & tuning services.
Getting here is easy
Treble Cone is situated south west of Lake Wanaka. It's only a 35 minute drive from Wanaka township and a 90 min scenic drive from Queenstown across the Crown Range. Daily shuttle services operate from both towns and additionally run from the base of the mountain.
See the website for further transport details
- Lift Pass 2014 season Adult $105, Student $77, Youth $51
- Elevation 2088 metres
- Vertical 705 metres
- Skiable Area 550 hectares
- Lifts Volkswagen 6 Seater Express Chairlift, Saddle Quad chairlift, Nice & Easy Platter, Magic Carpet
- Terrain Beginner 10%, Intermediate 45% & Advanced 45%
- Season Approx 25th June to 29th September each year
- Facilities Terrain park & natural pipes; Restaurant and bar; Snowsports School; Childcare centre (from 3 years); Thunderboards workshop & Tuning service centre; Hire equipment shop; Retail shop.
- Snowmaking 50ha (123 acres)
- Drive from town 35 minutes from Wanaka or 90 minutes from Queenstown.
- Ski Shuttles Daily shuttles are available from Wanaka,Queenstown & base of mountain.
- Operating Hours 9.00am - 4.00pm daily
- Longest Run 4 km (top of Quad Chairlift to Base Lodge)
Hi Res Home Basin Trail map Here
Hi Res Motatapu Chutes map Here