Thinking about changing careers? Working for Racers Edge is as much about your values and outlook on life as a career. We are a lifestyle company operating in an exciting and dynamic area of leisure and we are always looking for seasonal staff.
The emphasis is on team work and a social calendar is guaranteed. The vibrant mix of staff is enhanced by a considerable number of seasonal staff from the northern hemisphere who come to this side of the world chasing the southern snow.
While the work can be long and sometimes hard, the atmosphere is unique and the camaraderie first class. Racers Edge is renowned for its quality of customer service which guarantees our customers come back year after year. Our staff have a vital role in maintaining this relationship with our customers.
Racers Edge has a great reputation and we consider our shop to be a warm and friendly place in which to work. We would love to hear from experienced people that this appeals to.
FANCY A WINTER SKIING & RIDING NZ’S BEST TERRAIN AND SNOW?
Come and work and play at Racers Edge in Wanaka, New Zealand. Spend a season or two in the beautiful, lakeside resort town of Wanaka where the mountains are on our doorstep.
We are currently recruiting staff for the following winter positions:
- Rental technicians
- Workshop technicians
- Clothing retail assistants
- Rental Administration assistants
- Demo Programme Assistants
These are all 30-40 hrs/week positions from 8th June until late September 2022. You’ll get lots of time on snow on your days off and when on split shifts and there are always plenty of others keen to hit the snow with you.
Racers Edge has a great reputation and we consider our shop to be a warm and friendly place in which to work. We’d love to hear from you if this appeals.
Please send an initial email to email@example.com. Include a current CV and recent photo and we can go from there.
Bike Retail Head of Department
Looking for a lifestyle change? Want to progress your career in the bike industry? Come to Wanaka and work for Racers Edge!
We’re looking for a sales legend to support our Store Manager in driving our bike retail team. This is a full-time, permanent role based in the beautiful resort town of Wanaka, starting ASAP. If you can answer yes to the following questions then we want to hear from you now!
- Are you passionate about bikes?
- Are you an exceptional seller of bikes & bike gear?
- Are you ready for some responsibility & management experience?
You’ll also need to have:
- A proven record of sales in bikes including mountain bikes, e-bikes, road bikes, gravel bikes and all related accessories
- A friendly, enthusiastic personality with the ability to lead
- The smarts and aptitude to learn a range of systems and processes including computer-based ordering and POS programmes
- The skills to merchandise and consult in range buying
- A good knowledge of the NZ bike industry
- Plus be legally allowed to work in NZ and available to work weekdays, weekends and school holidays.
In return, we can offer you:
- A chance to work with like-minded people dealing with super cool products
- The security of a 30-year local business with the added support of a national franchise partner
- Good remuneration with excellent additional staff purchasing privileges across a wide range of products
- Industry rates at local bike parks and ski areas
- A natural playground at your doorstep and encouragement to get out and bike, run, ski, snowboard, hike, swim, fish, kayak, camp, paddleboard – whatever your outdoor passions are!
To request a full position description or to apply (with your current CV, photo and cover letter) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.