Position Title: Rental Assistant – Bike Department
Reporting To: Bike Department Manager, Floor Manager, General Manager
Purpose: To enhance people’s lifestyle by sharing our passion and expertise.
Mission: Motivate and enable people to have the best experience in the outdoors.
- The principal responsibility of the Rental Assistant – Bike Department is to provide exceptional customer service, excel in delivering our rental bike programme, lead by example and contribute to the performance and profitability of the shop through a positive attitude and in-depth product knowledge.
- Ensure all rental bikes and accessories are maintained in excellent condition and therefore available to the customer at all times.
|Maximise the customer experience (Deliver a high NPS rating) and deliver your individual sales targets||• Have a thorough knowledge of all our outdoor products and be responsible for providing and ensuring outstanding customer service at all times to all customers
• Master the selling process – understand the steps and consumer behaviour throughout
• Completion of all assigned training modules to ensure compliance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and Fair Trading Act 1986
|Customer Service||• You are required to have a thorough knowledge of our products and are responsible for providing and ensuring outstanding customer service at all times to all customers.
• You will be able to fit bikes and helmets and identify the most suitable type of rental equipment, having assessed customers’ requirements and abilities.
• Master the selling process – understand the steps and consumer behaviour throughout in order to both sell our rental products and related accessories.
• Ensure that all requests and queries received by your customers are responded to promptly in a friendly, professional manner.
• Completion of all assigned training modules to ensure compliance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and Fair-Trading Act 1986.
|Bike Maintenance||• You will be able to perform a variety of mechanical repairs to ensure as many as possible of our rental fleet is able to be rented at any one time.
• You will clean bikes as required and test ride all repaired bikes
• You will ensure tools and machinery are handled safely and competently at all times
|Product Availability||• Constantly check bike accessory stock levels and range to ensure all products are available to the customer at all times
• Advise Bike Department HOD’s of any stock availability concerns and work together when requested to address this
|Merchandising||• Ensure all bikes, accessories and apparel is merchandised to standard to attract customers and maximise sales|
|Ensure revenue targets are met||• Cross selling and upselling opportunities are maximised
• Budgeted revenue is achieved
• Costs are minimised
• Equipment is maintained
|TPOS||• You will be confident using computer systems as you will be trained in the use of our point-of-sale system|
|Communicate effectively with all staff and customers||• Actively participate in all shop meetings as required.
• Ensure relevant information is communicated to the next shift appropriately.
• Talk directly to your shop manager regarding new ideas and any issues which require attention
|Health & Safety||• Ensure you have access to The Warehouse Group Health & Safety Incident reporting portal, Safety Hub.
• Any health, safety, hazards, security issues or accidents are reported through the appropriate channels.
• Be fully conversant with and follow Company and department health & safety procedures, policies and directives.
• Ensure a high standard of personal and workplace hygiene is maintained.
• Ensure all areas of the shop are kept clean and tidy and in particular, ensure that all work areas are clean and workable at all times.
|Security||• You will ensure shop security procedures are followed at all times, including staff purchasing procedures
• Shop lifting is occurring all the time and we encourage your vigilance in identifying occurrences, particularly around change rooms and ensuring cabinets are relocked after assisting your customer.
• Ensure that you position yourself, even when talking to other customers, in a way so you can keep an eye on the store
|Training and tech sessions||• You will be required to attend various training sessions to ensure you have a thorough understanding of the products we sell.
• You will be out there ‘walking the talk’ as you have a passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors.
|Policies and Procedures allow for the efficient and effective operations||• To adhere to Racers Edge Powered by Torpedo7’s values, policies and procedures at all times
• To be flexible and undertake other duties which may be required to effectively run the business.
Person Specification: Rental Assistant – Bike Department
|• Current Drivers License||• Outdoor/ Bike industry training and qualification or tertiary Qualification
• Current Workplace First Aid certificate
|Work Experience||• At least one season’s experience in a role that proves a thorough knowledge and passion for the outdoors and first-hand understanding of apparel and gear requirements for relevant activities in a variety of environments |
• Previous bike retail and/or bike rental experience
• Sound knowledge and practical experience of sales techniques and strategies
• An in depth understanding of the NZ bike industry
|• Thorough knowledge of the area and environs|
|Interpersonal Skills||• Uses judgment, objectivity and discretion to accurately assess situations and take appropriate action, maintaining confidentiality where necessary |
• Consistently portrays a positive impression and achieves desired outcomes by optimizing communication orally and in writing with a wide range of people
• Prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines to agreed standards whilst being flexible and adapting to changing demands
• Autonomously identifies needs and proactively works towards an effective solution gaining cooperation from others as required
• Remains calm, productive and focused in pressured situations achieving desired outcomes and maintaining positive relationships
• Applies effective systems and checklists to ensure details are not overlooked
• Works autonomously within a team ensuring all tasks are completed on time and accurately
|Technical Skills||• Proficient with computer systems so can be trained in our point-of-sale software system |
• Experienced with computer based ordering and other relevant programmes
• Accurate and competent cash handler and competent processing payments via eftpos etc.
• Self-sufficient with typing requirements and internet communications
• Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
|• Already competent user of TPOS
• Another language