Synthetic fabrics used for tents and rucksacks are coated with a water repellent treatment. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light both destroys the water repellency and leads to a reduction in fabric tear strength, significantly shortening the lifespan of equipment.
With one application of Nikwax Tent & Gear Solar Proof Spray can double the effective life of equipment by protecting against UV damage, while also providing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to keep the rain out.
To most effectively benefit from the ultraviolet (UV) and Durable Water Repellent (DWR) protection of Nikwax Tent & Gear Solar Proof, it’s best applied to equipment from new.
During use the equipment fabric will pick up dirt and other contaminants which stop water from beading on the fabric surface. When this occurs the DWR can be revitalised by cleaning with Nikwax Tech Wash.
Over time the DWR will wear off through use. Both the DWR and UV protection can be replenished by reapplication of Nikwax Tent & Gear Solar Proof.
- Adds water repellency
- Increases fabric strength
- Protects against UV deterioration
- Recommended for Kerlon and watershed products
- Can be applied to synthetic tents, awnings, marquees, rucksacks, panniers and camera bags
- One application can double the effective life of fabrics by reducing UV damage
- 500ml spray on bottle