PURE Blackcurrant Recovery powder is made with real New Zealand blackcurrants which are naturally high in anthocyanins. Scientists have found that anthocyanins from blackcurrants can help support and enhance aerobic performance, and can assist with increasing blood flow and power output. Increased blood flow can result in faster clearance of waste products during and after exercise.
In addition to sports recovery benefits, the use of PURE Blackcurrant Recovery powder is also beneficial for everyday health & wellness.
Each 200g pouch of PURE Blackcurrant Recovery powder contains 33 serves (serving size is 1 heaped teaspoon).
- For general wellbeing mix 1 heaped teaspoon with water, juice or smoothie and mix well in a glass or shaker. Try it hot or cold!
- For sport & exercise mix 1 heaped teaspoon with water, juice or smoothie at least 1 hour before and 1 hour after exercise. Mix well in a glass or shaker.
ADVANTAGES OF PURE BLACKCURRANT RECOVERY POWDER
- 100% New Zealand blackcurrants – each 200g pouch is equivalent to over 1kg of fresh blackcurrants
- Equivalent of over 30 blackcurrants in every serving
- Supports muscle recovery and performance
- Supports cardiovascular and immune function, brain function and eye health
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- 212mg of anthocyanins per serve
WHAT ARE ANTHOCYANINS?
Anthocyanins cause the dark purple colour in blackcurrants. Anthocyanins are water soluble plant pigments that protect plants against strong UV light by absorbing certain wavelengths and preventing cell DNA damage. Anthocyanins also bind free radicals which develop with plant stress.
WHY ARE ANTHOCYANINS BENEFICIAL FOR EXERCISE AND RECOVERY?
Anthocyanin’s are compounds that give the blackcurrants their deep purple colour and have extremely high antioxidant levels. Due to intense UV light conditions, New Zealand blackcurrants are believed to have the highest amounts of anthocyanins of any cultivated food in the in the world.