Trek 2017 Fuel EX 8 29er MTB
Want a rugged, capable long-travel trail bike and a nimble XC bike? Get both with Fuel EX 8! Whether it’s your millionth mile on the trail or your first, you’ll love this bike thanks to Trek’s exclusive range of tech including Full Floater, Boost 148/110 and ABP and Mino Link adjustable geometry for a smooth, controlled and precise ride. The world’s best-loved mountain bike keeps getting better. Fuel EX 8 continues to set the bar for full suspension trail bike versatility, bringing race-day tech to all-day adventure.
- Full Floater: Trek solved that with Full Floater, attaching the shock to two moving linage points so it can better respond to bumps across a wide variety of terrain. It feels like more travel, but it’s not! It’s smarter travel.
- EVO Link: Exclusive EVO Link system connects the main frame to the rear triangle with a one-piece rocker link, creating a stiffer frame for greater control with minimal weight.
- Boost 148/110 : Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5” wheel with all the benefits of a 29” wheel, and Boost 148 in the rear lets you run winder tires and a larger chaining without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- Down tube guard: Replaceable external shield protects the down tube from trail debris
- ABP – Active Breaking Pivot: Allows your suspension to work freely whether you’re on the brake or off. Smooth, controlled suspension that’s at its best all the time.
- Control freak cable management: keeps the frame clean and allows for the ultimate custom setup.
- Mino Link adjustable geometry: Choose between a slack a slacker geometry without affecting suspension performance
- Di2 Electronic Drivetrain compatible: Frame designed to accommodate Di2 cable routing
- Frame: Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm
- Front suspension: Fox Rhythm 34 Float, Grip adjustable damper, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension: Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210×52.5mm
- Wheels: Bontrager Duster Elite, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Tyres: Bontrager XR3 Expert, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 29×2.40″
- Shifters: Shimano Deore XT M8000, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT, Shadow Plus
- Crank: Shimano Deore XT, 36/26
- Bottom bracket: PF92
- Cassette: Shimano Deore XT, 11-42, 11-speed
- Chain: Shimano HG60
- Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Seatpost: KS eThirty Integra, remote lever, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, zero offset, internal routing
- Handlebar: Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Stem: Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm, 0 degree
- Head set: Knock Block integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8″ top, 1.5″ bottom
- Brake set: Shimano Deore hydraulic disc
- Weight: 17.5″ – 14.47 kg
Detail Specification Item
15.5, 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5