Cardrona Alpine Resort is a relaxed and friendly ski and snowboard resort located between Wanaka and Queenstown, New Zealand.
Anyone and everyone is welcome at Cardrona. Friends, families, those living nearby, those from faraway, skiers, snowboarders, teenagers, kids and senior citizens. They have specialist slopes for beginners, wide open groomed slopes for intermediates, chutes for the advanced and an extensive park for freestylers.
- Base Elevation: 1670m
- Highest Lifted Point: 1860m
- Vertical Rise: 600m
- Terrain: 345 hectares
- Operating hours: 9am – 4pm daily
- Cafes & Restaurants: Base Café, Mezz Café, Juice & Java, Noodle Bar, Captain’s Pizzeria, Little Meg and The Lounge
- Season: approx 10th June to 15th October each year – a near 16 week season
- Average Annual Snowfall: Average Annual Snowfall: 2.9m – snowmaking supplements natural snow in the Main, Captain’s, Arcadia & Valley View basin
- Summer Activities: there are a number of activities at Cardrona in the Summer months
Coming to New Zealand on a skiing holiday? You can rent your ski gear and snowboard equipment from Racers Edge in Wanaka – we hire out performance skis, sport skis and standard skis for beginners or the budget conscious. Our experienced team of snow experts can help you pick the perfect ski or snowboard rentals for your trip.